• 2350 E Sandy Acre Rd. West Bend, WI 53090
  • (262) 338-0922

Schedule Appointment

Contact us to learn more or book an event

Thursday January 10, 2008

Scott & Cathy, WI Wedding Photographers
20 comments
Uncategorized

DSC_1107_Vegas_web

DSC_1093_Vegas_web

DSC_1100_Vegas_web

DSC_1091_Vegas_webDSC_0989 copy

DSC_0993_Vegas_Web

So who is planning on going to this years WPPI convention again??   I’d like to try to meet everyone this time. Please let me know so we can all make plans to get together.  You can message and send me your cell phone number or something so we can message one another or have a way to connect.

Share!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Digg
  • Technorati
  • StumbleUpon

20 Comments

1. Anonymous says:

I’m pretty hopeless when it comes to checking my spelling.

2. Anonymous says:

When are they going to get spell check in here!!!  ….  so when I have typos from typing too fast I won’t look so stupid … lol

3. Anonymous says:

@chrisfawkes – That would be awesome; let us know more of the details later. We’d love to do some work with you!!  We got hit with 20 inches of snow yesterday!!  Its days like this when you wish you could move somewhere warmer.  Of course without the spiders and snakes … lol.

4. Anonymous says:

It’s pretty hot at the moment though we do get some cooler days. I’ve just had to move to Melbourne from Sydney in the last few weeks so that is a little bit of a shock. Mainly due to the water restrictions down here.
    It did rain yesterday though so we can see some green now. Lots of spiders but have not seen any snakes this summer, thank goodness.
    I do plan on setting up a couple of photoshoots while in Vegas next year just for fun. I’ll have a couple of friends along for it, perhaps you guys could come along for that too.

5. Anonymous says:

Thanks Chris,  We’re excited about it.  Can’t wait to go; especially with the weather we are having here in wisconsin today.  We are experiencing an all our blizzard tiday!! Everything is closed,  Makes me wish I was in Veags right now with some warmer weather … lol.

Thankts a bummer about yiour prints being damaged, wow I hoep that don’t happen to mine, We only sent the one in of Nicole with her eyes and bouquet.

So what kind of weather do you have this time of year; your in Australia right??

6. Anonymous says:

I sent 5 prints. The first set came back damaged so had them reprinted. Then the framer that was to mount them could not do them in time. I found another who could do it but not the right thickness mount board so i purchased the board seperately from the first framer and had the other framer do the mounting which worked out about double for the mounting. I have sent them international courier which should get them to the U.S wednesday, i just hope that is the case, or at least by Friday.
    I don’t have them returned as it works out cheaper to have them done again here.
    I think this year i will send a lot more images into the 8×10 then send the highest scoring ones to the 16×20 for next year.
    It is very cool though. So exciting just getting it all ready.
    What workshops or speakers will you be trying to get along for?
    Really hope you guys do well in the comp.

7. Anonymous says:

Sounds great Chris!!  Thanks so much for the idea; I especially loved the last one you sent. We are only entering that one as the cost is so expensive.  Did you have your prints returned?  They charge $35.00 for very print you want returned.  That is pretty high priced plus the cost of the print and the entry fee. That’s over $100.00 just for entering one print.

8. Anonymous says:

That’s very kind of you guys, thank you. I was trying to set up a photo shoot at the Venetian. I had a friend in Vegas setting teeing up the children for the shoot when two wedding enquiries from very close friends came in both with just under 6 months to go. Some weddings you have to be there to shoot. I was disappointed at the timing.
    Is it true that i am expected? i should let someone know.
    Hopefully everyone will get there next year and we can all catch up.

9. Anonymous says:

You are so right … lol.    I remember seeing his portarit at the WPPI and remember how much I liked it when he first showed it to us on his blog.

10. Anonymous says:

Chris Fawkes won WPPI Photographer of the Year for ’07.  It is his “duty” to be there this year to present to the new winner! LOL…..

11. Anonymous says:

Who are you calling Mr Photographer of the year … 🙂

12. Anonymous says:

WHAT? Mr. photog of the year isn’t going?!?!?  i can’t even believe it!

I won’t be there!  I just got back from PPA and am doing the IA convention.  Maybe some year!

13. Anonymous says:

Awesome .. I can’t wait to meet all my xanga friends.  We should all plan something so we have a chance to hang out.  I know Dawn is going.  I was able to hang out with Missy last year. I can’t wait to get away; this cold weather is not for me.  It’s below zero with the wind chill. I had to get up and find more blankets last night.  Palm trees here we come.  🙂

14. Anonymous says:

I’ll be there.  I’ll be the one “laughing” – HA.  It would be fun to meet you.

15. Anonymous says:

I won’t be there this year 🙁  Maybe 2009.

Gorgeous shots!

16. Anonymous says:

I was going, even had some photoshoots planned for while i was there. Then i picked up weddings either side for very close friends so i guess 2009. Hope you guys have a wonderful time though.

17. Anonymous says:

Thanks, acually it’s the new advanced treatment with no cutting.  I’m really excited … and nervous … lol

18. Anonymous says:

I wish I could be there, but I do have a wedding that weekend.

Best wishes…hope to meet you soon!  Good luck with lasik, I just love not having contacts anymore!!

19. Anonymous says:

I can’t wait!!  I miss the warm weather and palm trees ….

I just got off the phone with Dr Shealy, thta did Gary Fong’s eye surgery and am planning on havuing it done some time in February.  It will be so nice to go and not worry about glasses or contacts this year.  Yay …………..

20. Anonymous says: