• 2350 E Sandy Acre Rd. West Bend, WI 53090
  • (262) 338-0922

Schedule Appointment

Contact us to learn more or book an event

Sunday December 16, 2007

Scott & Cathy, WI Wedding Photographers
7 comments
Uncategorized

0001

I’m deeply saddened to say my Mom, Margaret Walitalo passed away from her battle with cancer. Mom passed away on December 1st, at 1:30 am at her home.

I first learned of the news back in March right before we went to the WPPI convention in Las Vegas.  It was hard to feel excited about going to the conference. I remember as I was walking through the trade show and feeling like I wasn’t into all the excitement of the conference and being there; when the first friendly face I ran into was Missy; now married to Gary Fong.  I never had the pleasure of meeting Missy in person before; only through our blog.  Missy didn’t hesitate to try to make me feel better. She gave me a big hug and asked me to join her in going to see the the next speaker. To my surprise, it was the same one I was going to see.  Bob Davis .  It was great; she introduced me to a bunch of her close friends; including Jessica Strickland . It helped to get my mind off of things and smile again.  Thank you Missy for being such a dear friend. You were there when I truly needed a friend.  I’ll never forget that.  We are planning our trip to the upcoming WPPI convention again and this time we won’t be traveling to Arizona first to see Mom before we head to Las Vegas.  It just won’t be the same.  Here is a link to Mom’s pictures and celebration of her life.

Share!
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Digg
  • Technorati
  • StumbleUpon

7 Comments

1. Anonymous says:

Hi Robin, Thank you, it’s much appreciated.  I’ve been receiving cards and emails from a lot of my clients.  It really does bring comfort and again I want to thank everyone for being so kind,  It’s much appreciated.  🙂  I’m looking forward to seeing everyone at the WPPI this year!!   🙂

2. Anonymous says:

I am so sorry I did not come to your site sooner.  I am very sorry for the loss of your mother.  I too hope that right now you are comforted a little in your memories of her and knowing that she is not suffering anymore.  It’s still so sad and I am sorry.

Take care,

Robin

3. Anonymous says:

I am sorry for your loss. I just lost my father a few days ago.
    I find great comfort knowing that he is at peace and in comfort.
    Bless you and your family at this time.

4. Anonymous says:

Thank you my friends for being there for me. It means more than you know.  Have a Happy New Year and God Bless you, xoxoxo   Cathy Ann

5. Anonymous says:

Merry Christmas Cathy Ann!!!  Hope you have a happy holiday and that 2008 brings you much happiness and joy!!!

6. Anonymous says:

Cathy Ann, it’s never easy losing a parent, especially around the holidays.  When I lost my Dad, I thought I wouldn’t get through it.  Time heals all wounds.  I’m so very sorry for the loss of your Mom.  She was a beautiful woman.  Now, I can see where your beauty comes from.  She is now resting in peace with no pain.  God bless her soul and comfort your family during this time.  xoxoxxo  ~ Dawn

7. Anonymous says:

What a nice post Cathy Ann!!  I know you have a lot of wonderful memories to always warm your heart!!

I won’t be going to WPPI, but I will be going to PPA Nationals in a few weeks!